Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Custom vs CustomIZED | 2 winners!


Haley and Joey came to me back in the fall to discuss invitations and save the dates for their summer wedding.  Haley had a very specific vision.  The moment she sat down to look at samples, she spotted the exact peony silhouette she had been looking everywhere for!  I can't tell you the feeling I get when I hear a bride say "I have been looking everywhere for _________ (fill in the blank)! And haven't been able to find it until now!"  That is what I do this job for!  I absolutely love bringing brides visions to life, I'm getting a little fired up just writing about it now!

After playing around a little with the peony silhouettes and changing and rearranging fonts we landed on these custom save the dates for Haley and Joey...


A few months after the save the dates went out, we started talking about the actual invitations.  We echoed the custom style set in the save the dates,  but tweaked the slightly by changing them from a vertical style to a horizontal one. I don't think it is completely necessary to keep your invitations and save the dates in the exact same style.  If you are going to change the style up keep with the original colors and maybe echo the fonts if using a photo in the save the dates.  Changing the styles too much will just confuse your guests! 


A few weeks after Haley had ordered her invites, Annie and her mother came in for a consult to discuss her invitations and fell in love with Haley's design! Annie's invitations are a perfect example of customizing my designs.  With a little tweaking of the colors, wording and layout of Haley's design we were able to make the perfect invites to suit Annie's big day!

No comments: