Tuesday, May 17, 2011

BUSY BEE.....buzz buzz buzz

Holy SMOKES! Last blog was in Feb?! Do you know what happened?
Wedding season officially began...well officially it began in my wedding invitations world! And this year has blown me away! 22 completed weddings and 14 on the horizon!
The best thing about this crazy year so far is the fact that I have had some super fun clients who have allowed me to really have fun with their weddings.

First example: Melinda and Nick!
Oh boy, I can not even begin to tell you how much I love this couple!  I love the fun loving and laid back feel they are setting for their wedding.  I always say that the invitation is the first impression your guests are getting for your wedding.  What would you think if you received a beautiful, shimmery pocket in the mail and opened it to find this little gem hiding inside to greet you...


Melinda & Nick sent me a sample of this image they had found on the world wide web, and just like Annette Carey made a replica of Kate Middleton's wedding dress, I made a replica of the image she sent!  I drew the images in Nick & Melinda's liking, and created an invitation incorporating their wording & wedding day colors.  And one of my favorite touches...The RSVP card is a mad lib!  They have even mentioned creating check lists and crossword puzzles for their wedding programs! I don't think a couple gets more fun than Nick and Melinda!  Not only do these two love each other, you can tell they are really best friends at the core, and that is what is all about in my opinion!
The very best thing about my job is seeing the different couples, seeing their styles and getting to create such different pieces for everyone!

No comments: